...for the interest in finding out more about me. I always struggle quite a bit with what to say about myself on a page like this. First thing is usually talking about background and education, but how much does that really tell you about me?
This is why I decided to give you some different angles to get to know more about me.
Pick whichever you think will help you get an idea
What would you like to know?
“A good teacher can never be fixed in a routine. Each moment requires a sensitive mind that is constantly changing and constantly adapting. A teacher must never impose his student to fit his favorite pattern. A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence. A teacher is never a giver of truth; he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. I am not teaching you anything, I just help you to explore yourself.”
I prefere to speak in my own words. But sometimes words have already been said in a way that doesn't need to be re-written.
Bruce Lee's words express my vision on teaching, coaching and guiding
Ingvild specialises in doing THE INNER WORK. Finding the way around our Inner World. The world of feeling, of thinking, of being, of experience. Being empowered and feeling free from the inside out.
In our lives we get quite well educated in dealing with the outside world, yet as we grow older it seems to get harder and harder to find our way in that Inner part of ourselves. We lose contact.
Movement of the mind and of the body are key elements in finding our way back into a connected inner and outer life and in sustaining our health while feeling empowered and free.
Ingvild has a talent of connecting spirituality, emotional work and science with a very down to earth approach. And translating the knowledge to what it means in our daily, human lives.
Ingvild: "Us humans, we’re great at understanding concepts, having insights and getting more and more intelligent. But all of that intelligence only translates into wisdom once we embody that which we think we understand. Making it 3D, then 4D, then 5D.
With that I mean: live your knowledge, practice your concepts, fall and fail and stumble and get back up again and fall again and so on. Feel life, embody life."
The aim is to bring the Inner practice beyond the mind and the physical practice beyond the movement and turn all into a contexts of personal development which will let you experience WHO YOU ARE and what you’re TRULY CAPABLE of.
you can work with Ingvild in different ways:
“For the first time I could experience myself completely in the here and now. It felt like coming home"
CHANNAH / Lifestyle Coach
“Her guidance is life changing"
ALLEJANDRA / Movement Psycologist
ALLEJANDRA / Movement Psycologist
“Ingvild has been teaching me how to access the powers of myself. How to mentally strengthen myself, how to listen to myself and how to love myself. "
NEIL / Sailor
“My dreams became more vivid. And my intuition got very clear "
“I have not yet encountered anybody who can do that the way she can. And while she does, she connects science and spirituality in such a beautiful and understandable way."
Even in the stillest balance
the movement never stops
* I am a mom, this is my most precious role in life
*My preferred leisure time is spend at home with my Man, my Son & our rabbits
* Breathing has been a huge struggle for me for a big part of my life as I suffered from heavy astma and later from chronically inflamed membranes.
* Because of my astma I had to turn into my own inner world for a big part of my youth. Finding my strength and freedom there.
* I love to move. I made it (part of) my job. Yet in daily life I can be quite clumsy
* As a kid I always got picked last with sports in school because of my lack of athleticism
* I am probably one of the least competitive people on this planet. Winning just does not interest me in any way
* My father is a scientist & an atheist.
* My mother has always been deeply into spiritual studies. Way before it was hip.
* I have 3 parents, my fathers wife has been essential in my upbringing
* My dreams at night are extremely vivid. I still remember dreams from when I was as young as 4 years old.
* As a child I often did't know if I were awake or dreaming. Both states felt the same to me.
* On the scale of spiritual clarity I was born with strong inner knowing and clarity feeling. I had to learn to navigate my way around life that way with some bumping and bruising along the way.
* On the scale of spiritual clarity I was born practically blind (talking about seeing with my spiritual eye. My human eyes can see) but
* I went heavily burn-out during my job as a producer in theatre when I was 26 years old.
* I'm a divorced mom and an ex-step-mom.
* Since I was 8 I've had younger humans in my life. They teach me more than anything or anyone in the world.
* Most of my adult life I have lived and worked with artists in the performing arts.
* I am Dutch. But my genetics are a mixture of Dutch (Dad), Norwegian (mom's Dad) & Canadian (mom's Mom)
* I mistype and mis-spel. I know how to write, I just don't see my own spelling mistakes. I've been tested and drilled and punished and laughed at. It still happens. I have learned to not be so bothered and ashamed about it
* I couldn't live without hugs
* I love reading, researching and studying. Call me a nerd.
* School was not so much my thing, I hated homework. I hated reading.
* I don't drink alcohol. I don't do drugs or plant medicine. I even quit drinking coffee...
* I regularly feel drunk from meditating
* I have had memories that are not of this life as long as I can remember
* As a teenager I loved reading the English dictionary in search of beautiful words. I love language. I also used to spend hours writing poetry. And day dreaming, lot's of day dreaming.
* My inner world looks like the Hardangervidda mountains in Norway.
Degrees & Certifications
* NLP Trainer
NLP Trainers Training - NLP Academy by Grinder, Bostic & Caroll (In progress, due 2021)
* Myofascia Release & Neuro Muscular Therapy Practitioner
Mylogenics Rehab - Overload World Wide (2019)
Mylogenics Activation - Overload World Wide (2018)
Mylogencis Release - Overload World Wide (2018)
* NLP Practitioner & Master Practitioner
Master Practitioner - Het NLP Instituut (2018)
Practitioner - Het NLP Instituut (2017)
* Yoga Instructor E-RYT500
100 hours in depth Functional yoga & Philosophy - TFY Teacher Trainings (2017)
200 hours Yin Yoga, Fascia & Chakra studies - TFY Teacher Trainings (2016)
200 Hours In depth, Functional yoga, anatomy & Philosophy - TFY Teacher Trainings (2015)
200 hours Vinyasa & Anatomy Teacher Training - TFY Teacher Trainings (2013)
Fotovakschool Amsterdam (2004)
* Batchelor of Social Studies
Cultural & Social studies, Hoge School van Utrecht (2004)
Continuing Ecucation & Trainings
Styles & Trainers:
* Kriya Yoga Meditation 1st & 2nd initiation – by Peter van Breukelen
* Unified Science - by Resonance Science foundation
* Chakra Training - by Matt Kahn
* Spineal Health - by Stuart Mc Gill & Bernie Clark
* Fighting Monkey, zero forms, speedstool, anatomy of injury, coordinations and more - by Jozef Frucek & Linda Kapetanea
* Evolve Move Play – by Ben Medder
* Budokon Mobility for movers – by Cameron & Melayne Shayne
* Spinal Waves - by Jon Yuen
* speakers Academy - Andy Harington
* Breathwork – by Dan Brulé
* Wim Hof Method – by Daniel Kluken
* Ashtanga Yoga – by Kino MacGregor
* Handstand - by Kino MacGregor
* Anurasa Yoga - by Ross Rayburn
* Yoga Therapy: Psoas – by Sandra Carson
* Handstand – by Myra Gleisberg
* The Rocket 1 Yoga Series – by Damien de Bastier